Google IT Support Professional and IT Fundamentals Certificate
2 Computer IT Certificates in 1 Course
1 – Google IT Support Professional Certificate and
2 – IT Fundamentals Certificate
This program was designed to help job seekers without any prior experience start a technology career with high-growth opportunities.
HOW IT WORKS: this Certificate program allows learners a flexible and convenient way to study with virtual online and on-site. Study when and where you have time.
WHAT IT COVERS: topics including troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, systems administration and security — all the fundamentals of IT support that are critical for success in the workplace.
No degree or prior experience required! This is a launchpad to an IT career!
In this program, students learn the in-demand skills to be job-ready in 3 to 6 months. Gain skills required to succeed in an entry-level IT capacity.
#1- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certificate
ITF+ is proof to employers you have a competency and propensity for IT.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills and helps students develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for those newly entering the field of technology.
- plus the opportunity to sit for the ITF exam. If passed, will result in a CompTIA Fundamentals certification. This is optional but allows students to go beyond the certificate of completion.
- This is the first step in positioning oneself for entry-level jobs in technology.
#2 – Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Learn to perform day-to-day IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless networking, installing programs, how to provide end-to-end customer support, ranging from identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging.
- Learn to use systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code.
- Prepare for an entry-level job in IT support through an innovative curriculum developed by Google. 80% of Google IT Support Professional Certificate learners report a positive career impact within 6 months. This program prepares students for the CompTIA A+ exams, the industry standard certification for IT.
- This program is ACE® certified—earn up to 12 college credits, the equivalent of 4 associate degree-level courses.
IT Computer Skills to Get Job Ready
Whether you’re looking to start a new career, or change your current one, these Professional Certificates from Google and CompTIA help you become job ready. Learn at your own pace but with a structured schedule, whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Gain skills required to succeed in an entry-level IT job
Learn to perform day-to-day IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless networking, installing programs, and customer service
Learn how to provide end-to-end customer support, ranging from identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging
- Learn to use systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code
INCLUDES… introduction to the ABL Cyber Practice Range, All Materials, Practice Exams, Mentors to tutor and assist with studies, Communities of Practice, .
Applied Learning Project
This program includes over 100 hours of instruction and hundreds of practice-based assessments, which will help you simulate real-world IT support scenarios that are critical for success in the workplace.
The content is highly interactive and exclusively developed by Google employees with decades of experience in IT.
Through a mix of videos, assessments, and hands-on labs, you’ll be introduced to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, and security — foundational IT skills required for an entry-level job.
Your skills will include:
- Network protocols
- Cloud computing
- Windows operating system
- Linux command line
- Systems administration
- Encryption algorithms and techniques
- and much more
Learn concrete skills that top employers are hiring for right now.
- All Coursera Training Resources
- Essential Skills Training – ie. job skills like; teamwork, collaboration, presentations, more
- Resume alignment for specific jobs roles you apply for
- Mock interview skills and preparation
- Course Tutoring and Mentoring
- ABL Cyber Range access for introduction to cyber assessment tools and exercises
Apply your skills with hands-on projects and build a portfolio that showcases your job readiness to potential employers. You’ll need to successfully finish the project(s) to earn your Certificate.
Earn a Career Credential
When you complete all of the courses in the program, you’ll earn a Certificate to share with your professional network as well as unlock access to career support resources to help you kickstart your new career. Many Professional Certificates have hiring partners that recognize the Professional Certificate credential and others can help prepare you for a certification exam.
There are 5 Courses in this Professional Certificate
- how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations
- various authentication systems and types
- the difference between authentication and authorization
- how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk
- best practices for securing a network
- how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 100 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self